Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
We are looking for an experienced Business developer and Project Manager to coordinate large projects involving multiple partners – from the tender to the implementation phase.
Role & responsibilities
Business development (50%):
- Create or update the standard sales material
- Identify and coordinate the tender opportunities
- Take an active part in the submissions (by creating the basis of the response documents and budget, contributing to technical and financial offers, reviewing the overall content, following-up after submissions, and negotiating the contracts)
- Identify consortium partners or technical consultants and coordinate the discussion for collective proposals
- Participate to and improve the sales process management (CRM, ERP)
- Improve the service offering
- Participate to the company communication, product communication and marketing
You will directly respond to the CEO of the company and work in close cooperation with the segment leads in charge of developing the technical content of offers and proposals, a sales assistant, a business developer based in the US and a communication officer.
Project management (50%):
- Oversee the project and define general directions;
- Manage contractual and budgetary aspects of project management;
- Identify projects’ requirements, anticipate needs and plan clear roadmaps aligned with the contract and expected deliverables;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and reports;
- Communicate with the donor on daily implementation and contract management;
- Coordinate a a team composed of Data PM, Data analyst, Data systems experts and Software engineers to achieve project targets, produce deliverables, and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, government counterparts, and other donors
You will directly respond to the COO of the company, and also work in close cooperation with the segment leads in charge of the technical implementation.
Projects that you could manage include Building the M&E platform for a large USAID-funded Integrated Health Project in DRC, Providing technical assistance to Health Ministries and implementing solutions for the management of Covid-19 data.
- At least 2 years experience working in business development with a proven track record successfully winning new projects and crafting innovative win proposals
- At least 5 year experience working in managing complex projects (operations, budget, communication)
- Master degree in public health, technology, business, project management or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience with IT projects, data system architecture design, implementation, deployment, DHIS2 and/or ODK and eager to learn about our business sector
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Experience in the Health sector or M&E activities in another sector
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former. Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest. Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people. Get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies. Brainstorm with us on finding solutions to health financing challenges – from incentives to health insurance and cash transfer.
- Location: We have offices in Brussels, Dakar, Bujumbura or Kinshasa. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented, mainly in Africa, but also in Asia and Latin America.