Bluesquare’s technologies promote equitable and efficient allocation of resources in 25 low- and middle- income countries. By improving the scope, quality and efficiency of public services, these technologies make quality performance data available to users.These tools enable decision-makers to rely on a steady flow of data – thereby encouraging more transparent and accountable management of development programs.
Bluesquare has recently launched a series of projects aimed at strengthening the tools available for the analysis of health systems data. These projects aim to explore innovative approaches to:
- Describe and understand the quality of available data,
- Develop and validate suitable indicators for a variety of public health issues (mapping of family planning services actually available in Senegal and Benin, risk of emergence of resistance to HIV treatment in the Democratic Republic of Congo) and
- Produce data visualisations that can be used by stakeholders.
The data trainee’s mission is to contribute to the development of data analysis and tools to help accelerate results in the team’s various projects. The trainee would work in the “Service availability” team and report to Project Managers on a project specific basis.
In collaboration with the Service Availability team and the rest of the Bluesquare team, the trainee will be in charge of :
- Support the development of a data analysis package for Bluesquare to propose to clients and partners.
- Develop and test data analysis tools to help support their “productivisation” for broader use.
- Improve the tools specifically: creation of required documentation and packaging.
- Take part in the development of new tools and conduct relevant analysis in support of program needs.
- Contribute to discussions and reflections on how to measure and model the availability of services on different projects (Family
- Planning in Senegal and Benin, risk of resistance to HIV treatment in the Democratic Republic of Congo, stock management for medicines and materials, …).
- Explore existing approaches in the analysis of health system data.
- Help communicate and implement the results of analysis conducted.
- Present results to external partners.
- Help adaptat the approaches developed to ensure they can be integrated in the routine data systems used by health system actors in the relevant countries.
Duration of the internship: 4-6 months
Internship location: Brussels
- Certificate from an engineering school OR Master’s degree in Statistics / Public health / Epidemiology / Econometrics / Health economics
- R efficiency (Python is a plus)
- Experience in the creation of R packages is a plus
- Github knowledge is a plus