Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
We are looking for an experienced Data Project Manager to join the HMIS/M&E team.
Role & responsibilities
- Identify the project’s requirements, anticipate needs and plan clear roadmaps aligned with the contract and expected deliverables
- Monitor the project’s budget and deadlines
- Maintain good communications with our partners and ensure that we cover their needs
- Support the communication with local authorities (MoH, programs, agencies) to anchor our projects in the broader country environment
- Help the team structure and write technical reports and other materials to communicate with our partners and a wider audience
Functional and technical analysis and follow-up:
- Identify project requirements and risks
- Monitor operational, technical components of the projects and manage the risks
- Help your clients analyze their data needs, provide clear recommendations about the best solutions – with support from our technical staff
- Plan and monitor the technical implementation internally – with support from our technical staff
Quality control and deployment of our solutions:
- Make sure we deliver high quality products
- Make sure clients are trained properly
- Make sure tools are well used
- Make sure clients are satisfied
- Contribute to the elaboration of new technical proposals
- Connect with new potential partners and present our solutions in conferences
Projects that you could manage include Building the M&E platform for a large USAID-funded Integrated Health Project in DRC, Providing technical assistance to Health Ministries and implementing solutions for the management of Covid-19 data, Developing technical solutions for better monitoring of supply chain data.
Good to know:
- Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes.
- Additional responsibilities are split among the segment : business development work; segment work organization and planning ; development of technical processes, products and training material ; budget and HR management.
- At least 2 years experience working in managing complex projects (operations, budget, communication)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Master degree in Engineering, data management or analysis, statistics, econometry ; or Master degree in Project Management with mandatory data-oriented Project Management experience ; or Master degree in Public Health
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience with DHIS2 and ODK
- Experience with data system architecture design, implementation, deployment
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Experience in the Health sector or M&E activities in another sector
- Willingness to understand the Global Health actors and ecosystem
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former. Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest. Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people. Get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies. Brainstorm with us on finding solutions to health financing challenges – from incentives to health insurance and cash transfer.
- Location: We have offices in Brussels, Dakar, Bujumbura or Kinshasa. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented, mainly in Africa, but also in Asia and Latin America.