Bluesquare is a technology company in Global Health (and growing in other sectors: Education, Waste management and more). We build data systems and data analysis pipelines to get resources where they matter most. Our technologies are used in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the Gates Foundation, the WHO and the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria.
Your role in the team
We are looking for a project manager to oversee the deployment of our data system solutions in 5 key sectors:
- Health Financing
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Supply chain monitoring
- National facility registries (health facilities, schools, etc.)
- Response to Covid-19 epidemics
Projects that you could manage include :
- Building the M&E platform for a large USAID-funded Integrated Health Project in Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Setting up a fully-integrated platform for the management of Result-based financing payments in Uganda
- Providing technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and other partners and implementing solutions for the management of Covid-19 data in multiple countries
- Developing technical solutions for a better monitoring of supply chain data in multiple countries
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Project management: organize and monitor operational and financial components of the projects, support regular communications with our clients and ensure clients’ satisfaction over the project
- System architecture: with the support of the team (product specialists, software developers), analyze our clients’ needs and provide clear recommendations about the best technical solutions
- Policy dialogue: support the communication with local authorities (MoH, programs, agencies) to anchor our projects in the broader country environment and ensure full support from our national partners
- Technical writing: write technical reports, users guidelines, articles and other materials that will be useful to communicate with our clients and other partners
- Business development: with the support of the Business Development Team, contribute to technical proposals, identify new business opportunities and support communication with country-based and international partners (donors, consulting agencies, etc.).
We are looking for candidates with quantitative background (engineering, data management or analysis, statistics) and experience with IT project management.
- Master degree in Engineering, data management / analysis, statistics, econometrics
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with data system architecture design, implementation and deployment
- Working experience with complex project management (operations, budget, communication)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (trainings, conferences, blogs) in French and English
- Experience with DHIS2 and ODK is a plus
- Experience with data analysis (e.g R, Python) and BI software (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America is a plus
- Working experience in Global health, Health financing or Monitoring and Evaluation in another sector a plus
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Get involved in projects that use technology to solve major issues in low- and middle-income countries (Health, Education, Waste management and more)
- Manage large projects impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Work in collaboration with a wide variety of actors within countries (Ministries, Donors, NGOs, Implementing partners, field staff, etc.)
- Get first hand experience through on-site visits and in-depth situation analysis
- Join a result-oriented, dynamic & diverse team committed to improve the accessibility and quality of health services, especially for the poorest
Location: Brussels or anywhere in the same time zone. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented. Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations.
Interested? Send your CV/bio and an introduction to email@example.com!