Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
As we are growing our activity on Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems, we are looking for an experienced Data visualisation specialist. Your role will have multiple components.
Role & responsibilities
Data Analysis and visualization: You will plan and carry out a varied set of data processing, analysis and visualization tasks for different projects.
Together with the team (project managers, product specialists, software developers), you will need to be able to analyze the measurement requirements from a client. This will then allow you to assess its feasibility with the available data systems and sources, in order to provide clear recommendations about the data needs and best technical solutions, before independently implementing the data analysis and visualization.
The analysis may involve contributing to the impact evaluation of big public health projects, building dashboards for project managers in Ministries of health or in international cooperation organisations, carrying out specific analysis on specific subjects by evaluating the quality of a new data source, helping efficiently clean a dataset, or compiling different data sources using complex name matching algorithms.
You will need to quickly learn bluesquare tools and understand specific issues and offer solutions.
Technical Writing: You will help the HMIS/M&E team write technical reports, users guidelines, articles and other materials that will be useful to communicate with our clients and a wider audience. You will need to be able to explain our projects in simple and precise terms and to structure and write a technical document.
Building a toolbox for Data analysis: In collaboration with the Data Analysts of the other segments, you will contribute to building a set of tools and libraries used for data access, analysis and visualization.
Business development: You will contribute to the elaboration of new technical proposals to grow the HMIS/M&E segment.
Good to know :
- Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes.
- Additional responsibilities are split among the segment : business development work ; segment work organization and planning ; development of technical processes, products and training material ; budget and HR management.
We are looking for a mid-level high potential candidate with IT Project Management expertise. Public health experience is an asset.
- Master degree in a data intensive or computational field (epidemiology, computer science, statistics, data science…)
- Experience with data analysis and reporting and working knowledge of data visualization software
- Able to independently work in Python
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Experience in the Health sector or M&E activities in another sector
- Willingness to understand the Global Health actors and ecosystem
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former. Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest. Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people. Get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies. Brainstorm with us on finding solutions to health financing challenges – from incentives to health insurance and cash transfer.
- Location: We have offices in Brussels, Dakar, Bujumbura or Kinshasa. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented, mainly in Africa, but also in Asia and Latin America.
- How to apply? Send us your CV, a motivation letter, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com