About the company
Bluesquare is a technology, data system and data company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare supports these health stakeholders to help them take better decisions. Helping global health resources go where it matters most. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, leading NGOs and consultancies.
Bluesquare specializes in three market segments:
- Health financing data systems. Bluesquare is the leader in data systems that support Result Based Financing (RBF), Pay for Quality (P4Q), Pay for Performance (P4P) and Performance Based Financing (PBF). We support more than 20 countries manage their national RBF systems, thereby supporting the allocation of tens of millions of dollars to health care providers each year. We continue to expand our digital tools to support strategic purchasing in a broader sense, in particular with a focus on health insurance, data system integration and costing. Bluesquare is leading the software rebuild of OpenIMIS, a open source health insurance platform.
- Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems. Bluesquare offers a complete solution for improved data collection, storing, integration and visualizing to help build meaningful data driven interventions. We provide services such as data warehousing, data collection, data system integration, data processing and data visualisation.
- Data analytics data platform. Bluesquare helps clients gain in depth understanding of specific health topics by integrating multiple data sources and data sets, data cleaning, data structuring, and data modeling. Currently our data science work focuses on disease elimination, health service access, availability and quality.
Bluesquare provides these services through several intervention types:
- Software products. Bluesquare has an in-house team of software developers focusing on four software products connected to DHIS2, a popular open source data management platform.
- Custom software development. We build on demand specific tools for clients.
- Data system hosting, deployment and implementation. Bluesquare has an in-house hosting, deployment team that customises our products coupled to DHIS2 data bases.
- Data science development. We build specific data science packages to respond to our clients’ needs.
- Strategic advice and support. Bluesquare helps our clients identify the best approaches for data and data system management. We help clients identify and combine the best available data sources in order to extract the best possible data to inform strategic decisions.
At Bluesquare we believe we have an important role to play in the global effort towards Universal Health Coverage. We are seeking a high potential candidate to join our Program Management team to manage interventions in digital health and provide technical support, specifically on data use and visualisation.
Your role will be:
Project management and account management:
Plan, anticipate needs, organize, execute and monitor operational, technical and financial components of a number of Bluesquare’s digital health projects. The projects you will manage could include :
- A large component of the USAID Integrated Health Project in DRC
- The multi-country TOPIC project
- And other forthcoming projects
Your role is to ensure regular communications with the client and overall client satisfaction.
Technical data system analysis:
You analyse and identify your client’s data and data system needs and requirements. By engaging in a dialogue on data system priorities and tradeoffs, you can describe the requirements to plan and organize the realisation of the intervention with the support of our Product Implementation Team and our Software Development Team.
Strategic support and advice:
Your role is to provide your clients with strategic advice and support in digital health, data visualisation and data use. This might include supporting and designing strategic notes, strategic plans, implementation plans, technical briefs or blogs.
Technical support on data visualisation, data use and feedback loops:
Your role is to help clients to visualise their data using tools such as DHIS2, Tableau (or equivalent) and R. For instance, for the projects mentioned above, you will be responsible for developing a data visualisation and data sharing capacity – based on this experience we would expect you to help to build a replicable module for other clients.
Business development :
Your role is to support the growth of Bluesquare for: data for M&E, DHIS2 services, data visualisation, capacity building and other related areas. In this role you would play a key role in contributing to offers and technical proposals, and engage with prospects.
- Plan and implement projects in collaboration with the squad (project team) and your client
- Conduct needs analysis for health data systems and design a solution that fits with the client request
- Provide strategic guidance and support to countries with regards to data systems, data visualisation and data systems
- Assist clients to provide trainings on data management, data use, and other related needs
- Support clients and their implementation team(s) in data analysis techniques and in the creation of high value data visualizations (graphs, maps, dashboards )
- Support Bluesquare’s business development for M&E and health data systems
- Contribute to the company visibility/networking on health data systems and Bluesquare visibility (i.e. communities of practices), write blogs
- Contribute to Bluesquare’s products, processes, procedures and tools (product roadmap, user manual, training material, etc.) based on ongoing client needs analysis
- Contribute to communication and marketing activities related to health financing (blogs, product descriptions, events)
Location: Brussels or anywhere in a same time zone. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented. Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations.
We are looking for a mid-level high potential candidate with IT Project Management expertise. Public health experience is an asset.
- Master degree in Engineering, statistics or economics
- Fluent in French and English
- At least 2 years experience working with data systems and tools such as, DHIS2, tableau, GIS systems, R…
- At least 3 years experience working in managing complex projects
- Experience with data analysis and reporting and working knowledge of data visualization software
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to travel to countries in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (for trainings, presentation, blogs)
- Experience working in the health sector or M&E activities in another sector
- Understanding of the Global Health actors and ecosystem
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & technology – using the latter to improve the former
- Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improve health access & quality, especially for the poorest
- Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Get first hand experience on public health in emerging economies through analysis and site visits
Interested candidates should send their CV/bios and and an introduction to email@example.com