Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
As we are growing our activity on Health Facility Registers and Georegistries, we are looking for a Geospatial data analyst (junior / senior). Your role will have multiple components and allow developing first work experience in an exciting international environment.
Role & responsibilities
Geospatial data integration and analysis: You will carry out a varied set of geospatial data integration and analysis tasks for different projects under the supervision of our senior geospatial expert. Among other things, you will collect existing data on health infrastructures, localities and boundaries from different sources and analyse their quality, coverage and timeliness, as well as comparing them to auxiliary data such as satellite imagery and derived layers. You will analyse the topological quality of point and boundary layers and develop innovative procedures for testing and correction. You will also be involved in other possible geospatial analysis endeavours, such as accessibility modeling.
Implementation in web mapping technologies: You will support the HFR/Georegistries and the Data Science teams in developing web mapping solutions and integration of maps into interactive dashboard.
Automation of procedures: You will contribute to the automation of procedures through the development of Python and command line scripts.
Capacity building: You will help the HFR/Georegistries team in training stakeholders in the use of different GIS tools and in-house georegistry software, adapting the curricula of the training sessions to the specific needs of the respective stakeholders.
We are looking for a beginning-level high potential candidate.
- Master degree in a geoscience, or in computer sciences but with a strong affinity for the management of spatial data
- Solid base knowledge in GIS
- Basic knowledge of web mapping environments
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Knowledge of the free software ecosystem in geospatial applications
- No fear of command line and scripting
- At least basic knowledge in Python and R
- Notions of remote sensing
- Willingness to understand the Global Health actors and ecosystem
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Determination to work through unorganized and bad quality data
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former. Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest. Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people. Get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies. Brainstorm with us on finding solutions to the difficult geospatial data situation in developing countries.
- Location: We have offices in Brussels, Dakar, Bujumbura or Kinshasa. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented, mainly in Africa, but also in Asia and Latin America.
- How to apply? Send us your CV, a motivation letter, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com