About the company
Bluesquare is a technology, data system and data company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, leading NGOs and consultancies.
Bluesquare specializes in three market segments:
- Health financing data systems. Bluesquare is the leader in data systems that support Result Based Financing (RBF), Pay for Quality (P4Q), Pay for Performance (P4P) and Performance Based Financing (PBF). Bluesquare is leading the software rebuild of OpenIMIS, an open source health insurance platform.
- Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems. Bluesquare offers a complete solution for improved data collection, storing, integration and visualizing to help build meaningful data driven interventions. We provide services such as data warehousing, data collection, data system integration, data processing and data visualisation.
- Data analytics data platform. Bluesquare helps clients gain in depth understanding of specific health topics by integrating multiple data sources and data sets, data cleaning, data structuring, and data modeling. Currently our data science work focuses on disease elimination, health service access, availability and quality.
Bluesquare provides these services via software development, data system hosting, data science as well as strategic advice, support and training.
Bluesquare is growing tech company, with more than 40 team members across the globe. To manage, develop and coach our talents, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic HR expert. In close collaboration with our management, the person will have an important effect on how we work and collaborate with each other in the near future.
Specifically you will be responsible for supporting the following:
- Ensure HR management and processes are ethical and aligned with Belgian social laws and regulations. Optimize benefits of contracts under Belgian social law.
- Support leadership in hiring new talents; i.e.identify challenges and opportunities for hiring, drafting of job openings, setting guidelines for the interviewing process and setting up contracts.
- Support hiring managers in onboarding and outboarding activities.
- Develop HR annual strategies and plans including budgeting and remuneration policies. Implement strategies on a quarterly basis.
- Formalize and ensure the roll-out of performance management system and tools.
- Identify staff career management and training needs and providing coaching to leadership in handling HR issues.
- Manage and coordinate the collaboration with self-employed people working outside of Belgium.
Skills and competencies
- At least 5 years of experience in managing effective HR processes including but not limited to recruitment, compliance to labour law, performance management, contracting, etc.
- Experience in developing HR material, i.e.HR/salary policies, performance management systems and tools.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to interact with staff and leadership, external consultants, public officials and prospective employees.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French (required) and English (preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of Belgium labour law.
- Efficient, attention to detail, organized, follow through.
- Experience in a tech company is an asset.
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former
- Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improve health access & quality, especially for the poorest
- Be a central part to the growth of a company impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Take a great opportunity to take on new challenges and learn
Apply by sending us your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a short introduction to yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for the position at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are considering applications for full and part-time positions.