Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
As we are growing our activity in Facility Registries, Structured Data Collection, Performance Based Financing and Campaign Monitoring (e.g. vaccination), mainly in Africa, we are in need of additional help to craft the web user interfaces of our products, under the supervision of a senior frontend developer.
Role & responsibilities
Discuss, design and develop user interfaces across our different open source systems. We use React, Material UI and Node.js on top of REST APIs in most of our products to implement the interfaces needed to support the activities of our users working in public health. This includes a lot of work with mapping technologies, mainly Leaflet and OpenStreetmap for now, but we might use other tools in the future for the frontend.
We do not have and do not intend to have a designer in house for now, so, we are looking for developers with a good design sensibility, a sense for user experience and a taste for discussing options with customers, internal and external.
We are looking for a beginning-level high potential candidate with some training in frontend development (or valuable experience).
- Knowledge of React/Redux (we build on top of Webpack/Babel currently)
- Strong attention to code quality and maintainability
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience with frontend testing technologies
- Experience working with GIS tools (geographical tools)
- Good knowledge of Material UI
- No fear of command line and scripting
- Some knowledge of programming in Python
- Confidence with design tools like Figma or Sketch
- Experience with mockup tools like Balsamiq/Whimsical
- Willingness to understand a little the Global Health actors and ecosystem
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former. Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest. Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people. Get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies. Brainstorm with us on finding solutions to the difficult geospatial data situation in developing countries.
- Location: We have offices in Brussels, Dakar, Bujumbura or Kinshasa. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented, mainly in Africa, but also in Asia and Latin America.
- How to apply? Send us your CV, a motivation letter, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org