About the company
Bluesquare is a technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, leading NGOs and consultancies.
Bluesquare specializes in three market segments:
- Health financing data systems. Bluesquare is the leader in data systems that support Result Based Financing (RBF), Pay for Quality (P4Q), Pay for Performance (P4P) and Performance Based Financing (PBF). We support more than 20 countries to help them manage their national RBF systems. We continue to expand our digital tools, in particular with a focus on health insurance, data system integration and costing. Bluesquare is leading the software rebuild of openIMIS, an open source health insurance platform.
- Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems. Bluesquare offers a complete solution for improved data collection, storing, integration and visualizing to help build meaningful data driven interventions. We provide services such as data warehousing, data collection, data system integration, data processing and data visualization.
- Data analytics data platform. Bluesquare helps clients gain in depth understanding of specific health topics by integrating multiple data sources and data sets, data cleaning, data structuring, and data modeling. Currently our data science work focuses on disease elimination, health service access, availability and quality.
Bluesquare provides these services through several intervention types:
- Software products. Bluesquare has an in-house team of software developers focusing on four software products connected to DHIS2, a popular open source data management platform.
- Custom software development. We build on demand specific tools for clients.
- Data system hosting, deployment and implementation. Bluesquare has an in-house hosting, deployment team that customises our products coupled to DHIS2 data bases.
- Data science development. We build specific data science packages to respond to our clients’ needs.
- Strategic advice and support. Bluesquare helps our clients identify the best approaches for data and data system management. We help clients identify and combine the best available data sources in order to extract the best possible data to inform strategic decisions.
We are seeking a high potential candidate to lead and support our digital health interventions in the DRC, grow the business and build a team.
The job description
- Provide leadership for a large ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems program starting from November 2019.
- Provide leadership for a large citizen engagement data project.
Support Bluesquare’s ongoing projects in DRC
In collaboration with our team in the DRC, plan, anticipate needs, organize, execute and monitor operational, technical and financial components of Bluesquare’s digital health projects in DRC in support to the government, including:
- Delivery of a USAID Integrated Health Project
- A large World Bank Result-Based Financing project
- Logistics management projects funded by the Global Fund
- Sleeping sickness elimination program with the Gates Foundation
Your role is to ensure regular communications with authorities and the client, ensuring overall client satisfaction and synergies across projects. You will lead a team of people located in the DRC, Belgium and other countries. Your responsibility is to guarantee operational, technical and financial delivery of the projects.
Technical data system analysis:
You will lead the DRC team in the analysis and identification of our client’s data and data system needs and requirements. Through dialogue on data system priorities and tradeoffs, you will be responsible for planning and organizing the realization of the intervention according to the project requirements. You will work closely with our Product Implementation Team and our Software Development Team. Specifically, in DRC you will work with a team of X people.
Strategic support and advice:
Your role is to provide your clients with strategic advice and support in digital health, data visualization and data use. This might include supporting and designing strategic notes, strategic plans, implementation plans, technical briefs or blogs.
Technical support on data visualization, data use and feedback loops:
Your role is to support enhanced data visualization and data access using tools such as DHIS2, Tableau (or equivalent) and R.
Business development :
Your role is to support the growth of Bluesquare in the DRC in the following areas: data for M&E, DHIS2 services, data visualization, capacity building and other related areas. You will play a key role in contributing to offers and technical proposals, and engage with prospects.
- Operational, technical and financial ownership in the delivery of specific projects both new and ongoing
- Lead the planning and implementation of Bluesquare’s projects in the DRC
- Lead the needs analysis for health data systems and design a solution that fits the client’s request
- Provide strategic guidance and support to partners in the DRC with regards to data systems, data visualization and data systems
- Assist clients to provide trainings on data management, data use, and other related needs
- Support clients and their implementation team(s) in data analysis techniques and in the creation of high value data visualizations (graphs, maps, dashboards )
- Support Bluesquare’s business development.
- Contribute to the company communication/visibility/networking on health financing and health data systems via blogs, product descriptions, events and others.
- Contribute to Bluesquare’s products, processes, procedures and tools via product roadmap, user manual, training material, etc. based on ongoing client needs analysis.
Location: Kinshasa. You will be expected to travel across the country and to Europe to oversee projects and connect with the Brussels office.
We are looking for a mid-senior high potential candidate with IT Project Management expertise. Public health experience is an asset.
- Master degree in Engineering, statistics or economics
- Fluent in French and English
- At least 5 years experience working in data system implementation and data management
- At least 5 years experience working in managing complex projects
- Experience with data analysis and reporting and working knowledge of data visualization software
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to travel to Europe and within DRC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (for trainings, presentation, blogs)
- Experience working in the health sector or M&E activities in another sector
- Understanding of the Global Health actors and ecosystem
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & technology – using the latter to improve the former
- Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improve health access & quality, especially for the poorest
- Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Get first hand experience on public health in emerging economies through analysis and site visits
- Take an active role in shaping the future of a growing technology company
- Build, grow and shape the role of Bluesquare in the DRC
Interested candidates should send their CV/bios and and an introduction to email@example.com.