Bluesquare is a technology company in Global health. The purpose of our data systems and tools is to get resources where they matter most. Our technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, WHO and Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria.
As we develop new solutions to help our clients analyze the data they are collecting and using it to inform their decisions, we are looking for an experienced project manager to manage the development and implementation of these novative data intensive solutions.
Projects in the Data science team that you could manage include :
- Answering to requests for data analysis by partners like the DRC Ministry of Health, the World Bank or the Global Financing Facility
- Implementing geospatial models to routinely measure accessibility to healthcare in DRC and Nigeria, in collaboration with a team from the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
- Advising the Results Based Financing department of the Ministry of Health in DRC on how to improve their program using data analysis
- And other forthcoming projects
Your role will have multiple components
Project management and account management
You will have regular communications with the clients for our data science products and you will organize your team’s work to ensure clients’ satisfaction. To do this, in coordination with the rest of the Data Science Team, you will plan, anticipate needs, organize and monitor operational, technical and financial components of the projects. You will need to gain a deep understanding of the technical components of the projects you are managing to be able to understand challenges and help prioritize the work of your team.
Strategic support and advice
With the support of the rest of the Data Science team, the Product Implementation team and the Software Development team, you will help your clients analyze their needs for data analytics. You will engage in a dialogue with key deciders to help them understand how different types of analysis or platforms may or may not answer their specific needs. You will need to understand the issues faced by our users and how our solutions can help them.
You will help the data science team write technical reports, users guidelines, articles and other materials that will be useful to communicate with our clients and a wider audience. You will need to be able to explain our projects in simple and precise terms for technical and lay audiences and to structure and write a technical document.
With the rest of the Data Science Team and with the Business Team you will contribute to the elaboration of new technical proposals to grow the Data Science segment. You will analyze new projects, evaluate how your team could answer the requests for proposal, and contribute to the development of projects proposals.
- Plan and implement projects in collaboration with the project team and your client
- Conduct needs analysis for data science products and help design solutions that fit clients requests
- Provide strategic guidance and support to countries with regards to data systems, data visualisation and data analysis
- Contribute to Bluesquare’s products, processes, procedures and tools (product roadmap, user manual, training material, etc.) based on ongoing client needs analysis
- Support Bluesquare’s business development for the Data Science segment
- Contribute to the company visibility/networking on health data science and Bluesquare visibility (blogs, product descriptions, events)
We are looking for a mid-level high potential candidate with Data-oriented Project Management expertise. Public health experience is an asset.
- Master degree in Engineering, statistics or economics
- Fluent in French and English
- Experience with data analysis and reporting and working knowledge of data visualization software
- At least 3 years experience working in managing complex projects
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability and willingness to learn how to use Jira for project management
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to travel to countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (for trainings, presentation, blogs)
Experience working in the health sector or M&E activities in another sector and understanding of the Global Health actors and ecosystem is an asset.
Location: Brussels or anywhere in the same time zone. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented. Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations.
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & technology – using the latter to improve the former
- Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improve health access & quality, especially for the poorest
- Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Get first hand experience on public health in emerging economies through analysis and site visits
Interested candidates should send their CV/bios and an introduction to email@example.com