The ‘Proposal Development Specialist’ will be responsible for organizing the overall identification, preparation and submission of high-quality offers/bids.
Who we are
Our technologies promote smarter allocation of resources in emerging economies – so they get to where it matters most. BlueSquare systems and tools boost the reach, quality and efficiency of public services around the world and give users access to key performance data. They allow users to easily collect, manage, structure, visualize and share data. And create a link between financing and results, by transforming traditional aid into data-driven systems – encouraging better stewardship, accountability and transparency of programs. BlueSquare creates value from data and helps people make better decisions.
Working with governments, NGOs and donors, BlueSquare’s products currently impact over 60 million people in more than 18 countries worldwide.
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage the sales pipeline
- Monitor procurement, tender and other websites with tender/RFP
- Provide indications to the management on market evolutions
- Provide management with sales estimates and analytics
- Identify tenders relevant to the company’s core business and inform management
- Document and keep track of all offers that are in the making and ensure they are produced and delivered on time
- Coordinate and produce the offers/proposals (i.e. EOI, RFI, RFP) response
- Review and edit proposal inputs from a variety of team members for insertion in the proposal: product, business knowledge, finance, legal, etc.
- Ensure correct use of templates, in-line with company and product branding
- Identify and negotiate with third party providers: consultants, consortium members, consulting firms, NGOs, etc.
- Ensure the overall quality, completeness, coherence and accuracy of proposals
- Follow-up with prospective or existing clients on the analysis of the bids and provide additional information when requested
- Maintain ready-to-use material in preparation of bids, in English and French. For example: CVs of key staff, project description and product description, standard product offers
- Ensure validation of the offers/bids with the respective teams (product, finance and business)
- Provide support on software product sales strategy (e.g. SAAS, subscription schemes)
- With the communications team and product owner, support the development of product sales tools (branding, marketing, communication).
Skills and competencies
- At least 3 years of experience working in the field of international development and in the preparation of offers/bid
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering high quality proposals within a complex business environment
- Experienced in scheduling and running proposal processes, organizing content meetings and facilitating final document review, coordinating sign off, document production and delivery
- Excellent capacity to link with different stakeholders in the company: CEO, COO, product owners, technical team, communications
- Attention to detail, organized, follow through
- Efficient, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in health and/or education in developing countries is an asset
- Experience in preparing offers for aid agencies is an asset
- Strong written and oral communications skills in French and English
What do we offer
A place where you can expand your skill-set and be part of an exciting and growing company. A job that can evolve as the company progresses. We offer a competitive package, including stock options, a dynamic workplace (with offices located in ICAB, a Brussels tech incubator), a friendly environment, team retreats, exchange and learning opportunities.
How to apply
Send your CV/resume and a short intro explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com.