Smarter data management for effective Health Financing Information Systems
Strong health financing plays a crucial role in achieving universal health coverage in low- and middle-income countries. Results-based financing and health insurance schemes need accurate, timely data and analysis to efficiently manage claims and payments. But all too often, health care purchasers end up spending lots of time and effort on collecting, compiling, and analyzing data.
Bluesquare designs, installs, and maintains health financing information systems which streamline and improve your data management and routine processes. These digital tools support strategic purchasing of health services.
Our technical solutions help you bring together relevant data from different sources for faster, smarter data collation, processing, and analysis. Digitizing your claim management and payment process flows gives you greater efficiency, accuracy, and reliability, while reducing your admin time.
We also provide digital tools for mobile data collection and data visualization. These work seamlessly with our systems.
Our systems integrate with existing systems such as HMIS, so you won’t be frustrated by incompatible data sets and duplicated data entries.
Together, this gives you a complete package for managing your health insurance or performance-based financing schemes. And our unparalleled expertise in this field means you’re in safe hands.
Our key services
Bluesquare designs and installs both results-based financing information systems and health insurance information systems. Our services include:
- Analyzing business processes and existing information ecosystems
- Setting up and hosting data warehouses
- Integrating the information system with the national HMIS and/or other existing data systems
- Developing mobile data collection tools
- Customizing claim management and payment processes
- Developing customizable and open data dashboards
- Providing user and data manager training and support
- Carrying out system maintenance
- Providing hosting services
Our experience in delivering health financing information systems
Since 2012, Bluesquare has set up health financing information systems in more than 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and the Americas. A recognized leader in this field, we work in partnership with ministries of health, NGOs, consultancies, and leading global health investors such as GIZ, the World Bank, and USAID.
Our previous experience includes:
- Developing the world’s largest results-based financing program in a low-income country, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Supporting the national performance-based financing scheme in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Driving the development of OpenIMIS health insurance data management platform implemented in Nepal.
Customized digital products that enable strategic purchasing
Bluesquare provides an unsurpassed range of digital software products for setting up and managing health financing information systems. These allow you to manage claims, payments, and related processes smoothly and efficiently.
We design our systems and tools to be easy for your teams to learn and use, to help boost local autonomy and empowerment. Our training and ongoing support mean all staff can learn to use them, even without prior experience in this area.
Results-based financing information systems software suite
For smart, health financing initiatives, we provide the following suite of software products:
- Hesabu for managing your scheme computations
- Iaso for your mobile data collection
- D2D for DHIS2 to DHIS2 data integration
- DataViz for open data portal to access your collections of data
To support your health financing data management, we use:
- DHIS2 or Tableau for your data visualization and dashboards
- OpenIMIS for managing your health insurance scheme
Bluesquare leads the open-source development of OpenIMIS in a modular way. This enables greater flexibility, customization, and adaptability to local needs.
Interested in cutting your admin time for health financing schemes, while improving efficiency and accuracy?
Contact Christine to discuss how Bluesquare can help you deliver smarter, more efficient health financing initiatives.