Optimizing data use for smarter public health decision making
Each week, huge amounts of data are generated by routine data systems in public health delivery. In theory, this data should support analysis, planning, and delivery of health services.
But in practice, many public health decision makers face several common obstacles when using this data. Different siloed data systems are often incompatible, making it harder to compile them for joint analysis. Some data is difficult to access, and of varying quality.
Manually finding, compiling, and analyzing data from several different sources is time-consuming, inefficient, and prone to errors.
Bluesquare can help you overcome these challenges to make the best use of your data. We provide specialist data sciences software solutions and support. These enable better, smarter data integration, analysis, and visualization, for data-powered decision making.
We’ve already helped more than 20 countries to improve aspects of their health planning, monitoring, and resource allocation through smarter leveraging of their data.
No more laborious, manual data compilation and analysis – our systems help you save time, and spot and address errors.
How we help you make the most of your data
Bluesquare will accompany you on the full journey from raw data to actionable insights. We’ll help you understand the technical stack you need, and give you powerful yet affordable tools to make the best use of your data.
Our data integration platform extracts data from a range of data systems to give you a unified overview. We’ll set it up to run the particular kinds of analysis you need, with either manual or scheduled updates. And our in-house team of modelers, data scientists, and public health experts can carry out specific further analysis for you.
Your collaborations with external teams will be stronger because you can share your data securely, use the same infrastructure for data analysis, and generate customized reports and insights.
Reporting and information sharing are easier and more effective with the range of advanced data visualization options we offer. These enable you to view your data in different ways, and take in vital information at a glance.
You can generate a range of data visualizations such as graphs, maps, and pivot tables, via specialized tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) that integrate with our systems. Or export your results in simpler, ready-to-use formats to fit your current reporting tools.
Better data integration, analysis, and reporting helps improve understanding of both routine and emergency health needs and services. The insights you gain will equip you to plan and allocate resources more effectively – strengthening both routine service delivery, and preparedness and response for disease outbreaks.
Our key services
- Assessing data integration and visualization needs
- Setting up and hosting data integration platforms
- Integrating and mapping multiple and heterogeneous data sources
- Integrating modeling in data pipelines
- Setting up routine streams for data processing and monitoring
- Developing and productivizing routine data analysis and visualization, including dashboards
- Supporting data use, research, and communication
Our data science experience
Bluesquare has delivered data science support to a range of programs in health, performance-based financing, WASH, and education. We’ve collaborated with leading universities around the world to support national health information systems in data-powered decision making.
Our team includes specialists in data science, public health and epidemiology, mobile data collection, and data visualization.
Previous projects include:
- Mapping the risk of antiretroviral drug resistance by leveraging multiple sources of data and modeling.
- Productivizing the geospatial modeling of accessibility of health services in multiple countries in collaboration with Université Libre de Bruxelles.
- Supporting the Global Financial Facility in monitoring reproductive, maternal and child health progress in five countries (Cameroon, DRC, Mali, Niger, Chad).
- Integrating multiple sources of data for Family Planning service availability in support of SheDecides in three countries.
- Setting up COVID-19 monitoring dashboards in Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Integrating multiple sources of information and developing strategic dashboards for malaria control and elimination.
Digital tools to boost your data-powered decision making
Bluesquare has developed the following suite of tools for supporting your data sciences needs:
- A data integration platform to bring together data for centralized review and analysis
- D2D for automating your data extraction
- DataViz for open data portal to access your collections of data
We also use these tools:
- Tableau, PowerBI, Shiny, Dash, or Voilà for your advanced data visualization
- R or Python for technical pipelines, giving you faster data processing
Ready to improve data analytics and integration for smarter public health decision making?
Get in touch with Grégoire to discuss how we can help you better leverage your data for more effective resource allocation, planning, and service delivery.